Cosmetic laser technology has gone through many advancements but IPL’s star has never ceased to shine. The technology remains one of the favorites of many physicians and customers when it comes to treatments such as hair removal. Hair in unwanted areas can be unsightly, damaging to your self-image and looks, as well as simply annoying. Intense Pulsed Light cosmetic technology is different from and predates a lot of cosmetic laser technologies. In this blog, we travel a journey to learn more about the technology and why most Medspas are still on the lookout for attractive deals on IPL laser machines for sale.
What is IPL Technology?
IPL is short for Intense Pulsed Light. The technology targets pigments by way of an intense beam of light spanning a range of wavelengths. It employs a broad and intense spectrum of visible light in the wavelength range of 400 – 1200 nm. It achieves the desired results through the use of selective photothermolysis, whether targeting hair follicle chromophores or melanin or other skin structures. Apart from providing hair removal treatments, IPL technology is also used in skin rejuvenation and the treatment of pigmentation.
Difference Between IPL and Laser Treatments
There are a number of similarities and differences between IPL and Laser technologies. These are:
- Both are regarded as safe
- Both produce permanent hair reduction
- Both provide non-invasive non-surgical therapy
- Laser hair removal is less painful
- Laser produces better results
- IPL Treatment sessions are shorter ( Typically 20-45 min compared with 30-60 for laser)
- Laser hair removal treatment sessions are fewer (6-8 compared with 10-12 for IPL)
- Laser technology penetrates deeper into the skin compared with IPL
- IPL requires frequent maintenance treatments
- IPL works best on pale skin as opposed to laser which on all skin types, depending on the specific technology, although it is more effective on pale skin and darker hair.
- Laser technology allows for the adjustment of fluency to match skin type, something that is not possible with IPL.
IPL Pros and Cons
Here is a look at the pros and cons of IPL laser machines for skin treatment.
Pros of IPL
- Less painful when compared to traditional methods like waxing and epilation
- Produces noticeable and enduring results
- Produces the best results on dark, coarse hair on pale skin (Fitzpatrick’s skin types 4-5-6)
- It is an affordable treatment
- There is a little gap between treatment sessions.
- IPL works best on large target areas
- The technology is easy to use
Cons of IPL
- Usually takes too long to produce the desired results
- Requires follow-up treatment sessions
- Not suitable for fine or light hair and dark skin
- Swelling and redness may appear
Cons of Laser Technology
To put the pros and cons of IPL technology into proper perspective, it is important to look at some of the constraints associated with laser technology.
- The treatment can be pricey
- Mild redness and swelling may also develop
- Patients will also need a number of treatments before they can start noticing results
Complete List of IPL Treatments
IPL technology is not only widely used to provide hair reduction treatments as it has FDA approval for a range of other treatments. Other treatments Medspas can offer after buying IPL laser machines for sale include:
- Acne scar treatments
- Acne treatments
- Thread vein removal
- Hyperpigmentation treatments
Medspas seeking to buy the best laser machines for skin treatment can turn to established dealers such as MedLaserUSA for unbeatable deals on a comprehensive range of IPL and Laser systems. MedLaserUSA also gives you access to financing on attractive terms to lower the cost of ownership. You get everything you need under one roof including certification training and repair and maintenance services. Talk to a product expert today to get advice on your requirement and a customized deal whether you are buying a new or preowned IPL laser machine for sale. Just dial 888 284 2486 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond as soon as possible. Step into the home of everything lasers!