Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Laser skin treatments can dramatically improve a youthful appearance by knocking years off! We can categorize laser skin treatments in 2 categories aggressive (ablative) and non-aggressive (non-ablative). The definition of ablative is removal or excision and is considered an aggressive treatment. All lasers absorb 3 components in the skin which are oxyhemoglobin, water, and melanin. When a laser absorbs more water it is classified as having more ablative properties because water is going to be the first component it absorbs within the skin. A gentle skin rejuvenation laser is the long pulse 1604 nm Nd:Yag laser component of the Dual Accento Laser system.
Co2 Laser Skin Rejuvenation
A Co2 laser has extremely high absorption of melanin and is the perfect surgical tool with full ablative properties. A Co2 laser is the perfect laser for full facial resurfacing which is an aggressive approach with dramatic results. When a Co2 resurfacing procedure is completed there can be some scabbing and some downtime associated with the procedure.
Nd:Yag Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Some times patients do not want any down time and are willing to forego repeated treatments to achieve great results. The Lucid Q PTP 1064nm Nd:Yag laser is a great option for great results with minimal downtime. Common treatments with a 1064nm Nd:Yag system are classified at genesis toning, light peeling, and carbon peeling which is the latest advancement in non-ablative skin rejuvenation.
IPL Skin Rejuvenation
Lastly, another great option for skin rejuvenation is the MedPulse IPL intense pulse light machine which treats photo-facials, pigmentation, vascular conditions, and tightening skin. It provides amazing results but IPL is not a true laser and is filtered light. It is a great device to treat a wide range of skin issues when discussing skin rejuvenation. It is also a perfect device for a clinic just starting out as it can perform hair removal, vascular conditions, pigmentation, acne, and photo-facials also called skin rejuvenation.
According to Plasticsurgery.org, the following are some of the conditions that different skin rejuvenation approaches can address:
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements
- Dynamic wrinkles: These are expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and deepen with facial movements or expressions
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, or other darkened patches of skin result mainly from sun exposure
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, discolored, or have raised borders
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood-filled blisters or even a constant flush of facial redness
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structures (collagen and elastin fibers) that result in a loss of skin firmness or the development of cellulite
- Dull skin: Skin that has lost the vibrant glow from a buildup of dead skin cells and clogged pores
MedLaser USA has a wide range of devices which can address all of these conditions. Please see our related products for skin rejuvenation.